Monday, March 24, 2008

Christ is Risen!

We celebrated Resurrection Sunday yesterday by going to church with my dear husband, kids, mom, sister, 2 brother-in-laws, mother-in-law, and father-in-law. We took up an entire row, and it was great having most of the family there. Ray gave an excellent sermon and preached to the validity of Christ's resurrection, probably answering some questions for the skeptics in the audience, or at least challenging their position. I know I was there too and came to the realization during my search that the death and resurrection of Christ really is real, and I now know I will spend eternity with our Savior, Jesus. Ray challenged people yesterday to "Prove to him it isn't real!" Seek and you shall find the truth and the truth shall set you free. It also says in the Bible without the resurrection of Christ, our faith is futile (I Cor. 15:17).

It was Ethan's first Easter, and while he is too young to look for eggs like his sister, we filled a few eggs with Cheerios and animal crackers for his breakfast, which he loved! We also had an egg hunt and craft at the church on Saturday afternoon and went to brunch with a few of our friends from college on Saturday morning. I taught my last Sunday School class on Sunday and went out with a bang, complete with getting glue on my face and in my hair during the craft, but it was fun and I'll definitely miss those 1st and 2nd graders!

We also hosted Easter dinner after church for Rob's family and my family and we're so blessed to have both families in town. It was really fun and we pulled out my grandma's china set and tacked on three card tables to our little table to make seating for 12. But hey, it worked! Also, I forgot to take pictures of the kids dressed up for church, but will post a picture soon of Ashleigh in the beautiful dress her grandma sewed for her. I think between rushing off in the morning after looking for eggs and having the company over after church, I just plain forgot to get pictures of Ashleigh!

Ethan with his first Easter basket

Ashleigh looking for eggs

Ashleigh and her friend, Hanna, at the egg hunt at the church

Ashleigh and Kenzie working on their craft

Ethan loving the eggs and Easter grass

Hosting Easter Dinner with Rob's family and my family

Ashleigh and Ethan playing Play-Doh with Grandma Carole

Rob, Ethan (9 mo), Brian, and Andrew (2 1/2 mo)
What a resemblance these babies have to their daddies!

Ethan wearing his St. Patrick's Day green

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is Jenna's friend, Rachel, we went to the pool togehter while you were still pregnant.

Anyway, my husband and I watched Jesus, The Complete Story on Discovery Saturday night. Oh the lies the world wants you to believe. They went as far as to say that Jesus was drugged when He was offered a drink on the cross, that He was alive when put in the tomb, simply passed out, and then walked out Sunday morning since he was never dead in the first place. That's a good one Discovery. Then why was their an angel sitting on the rock? It was so sad to see how desperately people try to make sense of Christ's divinity in the most strange ways. I just wanted to say that He has risen indeed! I wish I would have thought of cheerios in the eggs, we just left our little one out of the fun.

The Donegans said...

Love the pix friends! Can't wait to see you in May:) We miss you guys. Give kids a hug and kiss for us... Happy late Easter!

Janice said...

Ahhh... the swoon theory! Rachel, I also know people who believe this theory as well. I just want to add that Roman soldiers were experts in torturing people to death and wouldn't take someone off the cross who wasn't for certain already dead. In Lee Strobel's Case for Christ, he spends a chapter on this exact issue, interviewing a medical doctor and describing death by asphyxiation. Great read for the skeptics out there!

Rachel said...

I've read the student's version of The Case for Faith, maybe I should step up my pleasure reading to the adult level. It is just so much longer! I'm pretty sure I married into a copy of The Case for Christ, I'll have to dust it off and at least give that chapter a read!