Thursday, September 04, 2008

We're having a Boy!

I thought I should write a post for the curious who have been periodically checking my blog that we found out we are having another boy in January. It was definitely a boy and an active one at that as he started out on his back and was on his stomach by the end of the appointment! Everything on the ultrasound measured normal, which was a relief from my last pregnancy with Ethan where the kidneys measured small on this ultrasound and I ended up having 5 ultrasounds during my pregnancy. I'm now 20 weeks along and half-way there. Unbelievable how the time is flying!

Last week, I got to go to a fun place called Tiny Town in the mountains near Morrison with my dear friend Karrie, her mom, and her son, Rusty. There are over 100 buildings that are 1/6th the size of their actual scale and are based on the real buildings. Some of them have dollhouse furniture inside, consistent with the little store's theme, and some of them are open so that the kids can actually crawl inside them. Very fun!

Rusty, Ethan, and Ashleigh inside the Denver firehouse

Ethan outside of the Denver Mint building
He just loved looking into all the windows!

Ashleigh and Ethan outside of a windmill

We also have seen some friends this week for playdates and I had my first MOPS meeting this morning. I met several really nice moms and a surprisingly large number of pregnant women too. They meet twice a month and have a great kids program. Rob painted our downstairs bathroom too last weekend over Labor Day and we attended the first block party for our neighborhood Sunday afternoon. On Saturday, it was the reunion of my high school friends, including one person we hadn't seen in 8 years because we all lost touch with him. I suppose if I joined Facebook or one of those other networking sites, I could reconnect with lots of people I've lost touch with, but then I barely have enough time in the day for my family and the friends I do keep in touch with, so I think I'll just go on like I have been.

The high school crew - Me, Chris, Laurie, and Josh

The kids and I saw my Dad for lunch on Saturday while Rob was at work and the four of us went swimming at my mom's pool for one last swim before closing on Labor Day. Ethan is so close to walking now and walks holding one hand. Here are some picts from Monday.

Ashleigh floating and kicking with the noodles

Ethan and I at the pool

Rob and Ethan walking in the baby pool

6 comments:

amy luella said...

congratulations, janice and rob, on the news of your baby boy! the tiny town pictures are fun; i look forward to seeing it for myself this month for my nephew's birthday. have a sweet weekend!

amy luella said...

oh, i love the belly shot. see you soon!

The Donegans said...

YEAH!!! A boy:) So exciting! Congrats friend! Glad to hear your week went well.

Nikki Schreiner said...

Hi! I came across your blog because I also live in Aurora and was online looking for a MOPS group. I wasn't able to find one, could you let me know where yours is? I know there's one at CO Community, but I can't afford the fees. Thanks so much and congrats on your coming baby boy! I just had my first boy (third baby) and am just loving it.

Janice said...

Thanks, Nikki! I go to the Fellowship Community Church MOPS group. Dues are reasonable as they do fundraising throughout the year. You can also go to the MOPS website (www.mops.org) to get contact info and search for one close to you by zip code. Cute site, by the way. You're much craftier than I am!

Unknown said...

Hi Janice! Congratulations on your precious baby boy! I found your blog searching for a MOPS group - I'm curious, do you still attend the group at Fellowship Community Church? That's right near me, and I was thinking about checking it out. Email me if you want. Take care!