Friday, July 27, 2007

Family Reunion Weekend

Ashleigh feeding the giraffe at the Cheyenne Mtn. Zoo

My cousins walking around at the zoo

Hanging out at the hotel pool with the family

Jennifer, Ethan, and Me dressed alike

Ventriloquism act during a talent show

We just had a family reunion last weekend in Colorado Springs and Woodland Park for my dad's side. We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo together on Friday, which was my first outing with both kids and without Rob. I was quite proud of myself for getting all of us ready and at the zoo in Colorado Springs by 11 am. Ashleigh's favorite part of the zoo was feeding the giraffes crackers. She just loved it! They have these long black tongues that grab the crackers right out of your hands. She also loved the alligators. Even though Rob wasn't with me, my sister and her husband helped me out and pushed the double stroller up the hills.

After the zoo, we got ice cream together, then drove out to the hotel and went swimming in their pool. We also had dinner together as a group and watched the talent show for anyone who wanted to perform. It was lots of fun and the kids are adorable with their singing acts. My sister also hosted a BBQ at their house as part of the reunion on Saturday and we enjoyed that as well as Rob was able to meet some of my family that couldn't make it for the wedding or the young kids who weren't around yet. On the way to the BBQ, Ashleigh did get car sick about two houses away from my sister's house, and while I didn't have an extra outfit for Ashleigh in the diaper bag, my sister's neighbors were holding a garage sale and happened to have 4T outfits that were very cute. Goes to show God always provides, even in the midst of a parental crisis.

No comments: