Friday, May 02, 2008

AWANA Grand Prix Racing and Botanic Gardens

Ashleigh raced her car last Sunday at AWANAs and had a lot of fun at her first race! She enjoyed the quality time with Daddy working on "Slider". It starts out as a block of wood and you have to shape it, paint it, put on the wheels, and follow the rules on weight and dimensions. She wanted a car that looked like an ice cube and she and I decorated it with stickers before the race.

Ashleigh putting stickers on "Slider"




Video of Ashleigh's Car Race
(My apologies, it's dark and a little hard to see, her's is the 2nd from the left)

We also went to the Denver Botanic Gardens on Earth Day with my mom a week ago. I love going there at different times of the year and the spring flowers and trees were blossoming. We even have crocuses, daffodils, grape hyacinths, and grecian windflowers blooming in our front yard right now (well, coming through the snow, anyway). Yes, snow! We had about 6" yesterday and even some flurries today. I thought we were all done with the snow until next fall. I'm done with winter!

Ashleigh balancing on a rock at the Denver Botanic Gardens

Ashleigh (standing), Ethan, and Me watching the Koi

My mom, Ethan, and Ashleigh at the Botanic Gardens

On Tuesday, I started watching my friend's son, Rusty, for two days/week. He's great and well-behaved, so I don't mind doing childcare again. His age falls right between Ashleigh and Ethan too, so they enjoy having another kid in the house to play with. We also went to Rob's company's celebration dinner in Evergreen on Saturday night for making their big efficiency goals. It was nice, catered, and fun to meet and re-connect with his coworkers.

1 comment:

amy luella said...

it looked like a beautiful day to be at the gardens. the race project with "dad" sounded fun, too. doc has me home now waiting it out here for baby. i think she'll be here sometime this week.