Monday, November 16, 2009

Ashleigh's 5th Birthday







Am I still considered to be a blogger, even though my last post before this one was Ethan's birthday back in June? Funny that the time since then has really flown by! I do have good intentions to continue blogging, but the Facebook pull is just too easy to write one or two sentences and post a few pictures and call it good.

So as an update on the last 5 or so months of our crazy life... Tyler's first tooth came in just two weeks ago and I think he's working on 3 others at the same time (you can see the top two and the other bottom one trying to poke through). He's a little guy in just the 10th percentile for weight and height. Some say they walk early when they have siblings to watch, but I think he's content just watching and won't pull up or crawl or walk for a while. He does a little army crawl on his stomach to move forward, but is happy just rolling around on the floor.

Ethan and Ashleigh are doing well. I started educating Ashleigh at home this year and just jumped in with a kindergarten curriculum in August. I didn't do a lot of research on the different types or even attend a curriculum fair as I've heard that's overwhelming. We're using A Beka Book kindergarten along with some supplement Bible reading and scripture memorization and I'd say God just fills in the rest. I just read this on why to choose homeschooling for my friends that are still undecided on the subject.

http://guiltfreehomeschooling.org/blog/2009/05/why-choose-homeschooling.html

9 comments:

amy luella said...

i love hearing from friends over blogs, janice. you get more of the "story." great seeing you for the bday party. look forward to talking very soon! we are all very good AND TIRED over here.=)

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Hey, I just realized you started a blog! Great pics of everyone :)

Castillo said...

So lovely

Personal Trainer said...

hey!! you have a wonderful blog. thanks for sharing your life and experience here. keep it up and never give up. you can do it.

Unknown said...

thanks for the best post.
you may want to Earn real money online $$$

LampstandbytheFire said...

Hi, I am new to blogging but I want people to give me some input. Monday, Feb 7th, I will be starting what I am calling Recipe Monday. Let me know what you think. Also, thanks for the link on the homeschooling because I get a lot of negative comments when I talk about how I am going to homeschool my son this fall. He is 3 yrs old.

http://www.lampstandbythefire.blogspot.com

LUZ VITORIOSA DE OXALÁ said...

WELCOME TO BLOG - www.virgemdeguadalupe.blogspot.com

hapi said...

Hi Janice, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Voltaire Quotes said...

It is not sufficient to see and to know the beauty of a work. We must feel and be affected by it.
Voltaire