Friday, November 18, 2005

Spilled Coffee and Spit Up - What a Morning!

Have you ever had one of those days where everything seems to be going wrong and you wondered why you even got out of bed? I guess it isn’t quite that bad, but this morning, Ashleigh took my cup of coffee and spilled it all over the carpet. After cleaning that up, I decided to try to get some work done upstairs. We have these little puzzle pieces of foam that make a cube and she decided to try to eat one and ended up gagging herself on it and throwing up all over her new sweater. Guess I should be thankful that she didn’t choke on it and is alright. Needless to say, the puzzle pieces have been put away until a much later age, like 6. I know she doesn’t do these things on purpose, but it was almost enough for me to wake up Rob (he works until 3 am), give him the baby, and leave for a while to take some time to myself. She’s napping now, so it is a good time to get some work done. My work lets me work from home three days a week for half days on my lap top and it really is ideal to be home with her these days, even if I do spend most of my time trying to work and picking up after our little girl, I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

No comments: