Thursday, May 11, 2006

Staying Home and Having Fun!


Sometimes, I amaze myself at my photography skills!

I've officially been a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) for two weeks now. There have definitely been ups and downs, but never any regrets about leaving...yet. It helps that I met a new friend who lives a block down the street who also stays at home with an active boy a month older than Ashleigh. I met her on my first day as a SAHM at the playground and believe it's part of God's plan to put other people in my life for support during this time as I do need it. Rob has been great and very supportive of my decision. He's (and me as well) a little nervous about the family finances, but are trusting God through this change and know He's always faithful and cares for His children. I know I'll be saving money on lunches out and spur of the moment shopping trips on my lunch hour, so that'll cut some expenses too.

Today, I'm thankful for the friends and family in my life who have been there and have helped me through the good and bad times. I think one of the hardest things is that other than nap time and after bedtime, she's with me all day everyday and she has so much energy. I love her to death, but think mom will be needing some weekly alone time too. I do use her nap times as a prayer/quiet time, sometimes journaling too, but think I also need to get away for a few hours of me time on the weekends.

Speaking of weekends, have we ever been busy! Last weekend Rob and his dad put in central air in our house and his mom and I put in the new curtains that she made us. They turned out gorgeous - better than expected! We've been seeing a lot of friends lately, including two of our friends from college with a nine-month old who now live in France and were back visiting family for a while. I also took another trip to the botanic gardens with a friend and Ashleigh, Rob, and I all went over to the Museum of Nature and Science to introduce Ashleigh to the many marvels of this world. Her favorite parts were the dinosaurs and the dioramas of the bears, then of course the picnic chasing geese and playing on the playground. Here are a few picts of the last few weeks. Maybe now that I'm home, I'll publish more often than my once a month record I'm currently holding and won't have to cram all these into one posting...

Friends from France - Ashleigh, Cory, and Anthony

Ashleigh loved the bears at the museum

Cool infrared camera at the museum

Having fun on the playground with Dad

Dad and Ashleigh at the Museum

Mom and Ashleigh at the Botanic Gardens

Ashleigh and Hanna watching goldfish

Mom and Ashleigh by the Japanese Gardens

Hanging Swags and Jabots - getting them just right

No comments: