Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer Fun

You could say we've been busy, but in a good, fun way. Last Saturday, Rob and I went to Water World with some of my high school friends and had a blast. There's nothing quite like acting like a kid again, especially after having kids yourself and going without your own kid around that requires acting responsibly. My dad watched Ashleigh while we had our day of fun and Ashleigh nearly choked on a quarter, but threw it up and was fine after that. It was his first time watching her for the day since January and she's gotten more mobile and ambitious since then, so I'll cut him some slack on that. We're just greatful that we have family close by who are willing to babysit and can get away for the occasional date or fun day of skiing or swimming.

This week, Rob is in Holland, Michigan on a business trip, so it's Ashleigh and I holding down the fort. I used to travel about once/month for work when I was teaching training classes, but this is Rob's first business trip and our first time where he's away and I'm here for the week. Even though we miss him lots, Ashleigh and I have had a lot of fun. We went to a BBQ at a friends house where Ashleigh got a little crazy with the sidewalk chalk. We also went to the zoo on Tuesday and to the pool today. It's been hot, hot, hot for the last week! It was great having the 102 high temp at Water World, but now I'm beginning to tire of the heat.


Ashleigh and Ashley

Mom and Ashleigh all chalked up

War-Paint Baby


Joshua, Ashleigh, and Jacob coloring the sidewalk

No comments: