Thursday, July 06, 2006

Weddings, Fourth of July, and various other stuff



I’ve been slacking off with blogging, but here are some pictures from our friends’ wedding a few weeks ago. We know Carrie and Ryan from Action, the young adult ministry in Golden that we were a part of before we got married. Ryan was also Rob’s quasi-roommate while we were dating when Rob would drive up from the Springs every weekend.

Last weekend, we moved Rob's sister into her new apartment and a few weeks ago, Rob and his dad moved his brother to Albequerque, NM and Ashleigh and I went to 'the beach' together (really a reservoir as the closest beach is 1,000 miles away in California). Here are a few pictures of Ashleigh playing at Aurora Reservoir, which is pretty close to our house.




Last week, I volunteered to teach 1st and 2nd graders at our church's vacation bible school and it completely wiped me out! About everyday, I came home, put Ashleigh down for a nap, then put myself down for a long nap as well. I don't know how teachers do it! I had the help of two other people with a class of 24 kids and it was only from 9:00-noon. I had lots of respect for teachers before, but Wow! pay those teachers more money because they definitely deserve it!


I didn’t take any pictures over the fourth of July weekend, but we had a good time nonetheless. Four-day weekends are wonderful (even for someone who stays at home because I get to see Rob everyday and that’s great!). We ended up spending the evening over at Matt and Sarah’s house doing traditional Fourth of July activities (swimming at their pool, having a BBQ, and watching fireworks from their 2nd story window during a rain storm). We’ve been getting a ton of rain here! Over four inches over three days, and if you know Colorado, it’s a desert here with around an inch a month. We were going to go camping

Rob’s job has taken quite the roller coaster ride lately! He found out he’s going to travel to Shanghai, China for two weeks out of the month for three months in a row to startup a new process. A week later, he found out his company is closing the Colorado office and we now have the option to move to Holland, MI with the company or to stay here in Colorado and begin the job search… (decisions, decisions).

Today, Amy and I took our kids to the Children’s Museum and had a blast! Ashleigh is quite the artist and their whole first floor is a dedicated toddler area, so she and Hanna had a great time. It's really enjoyable just watching them learn and looking at the world through a toddler's eyes. I'm blessed to be home with her and to be able to go to these places on off days, otherwise, it'd be a zoo on the weekend, I'm sure!












No comments: