Saturday, February 02, 2008

Family News

Ethan trying to climb out of his carseat

Ethan has been more vocal lately, especially with the Ba-ba-bas and the Ma-ma-mas. It's just adorable when he tries to sing loudly too. No teeth for Ethan yet, but we sometimes think he's teething (it's hard to tell with such a happy baby!) Ashleigh has been good too, she had her last swim lesson on Wednesday and starts gymnastics at the rec center a week from Monday. Rob and I also get to go skiing together on Monday, and hopefully we won't have a repeat of the Crested Butte fiasco with a winter storm scheduled to hit Sunday evening. We'll still try to go, I think, as we haven't gone yet this season and my mother-in-law is also taking a vacation day on Monday to watch the kids, so babysitting is taken care of. We are so looking forward to it!




I never thought a washer and dryer could bring me such joy, but they do! Rob and his brother Jon moved the washer and dryer from the basement to the main floor last weekend (Ashleigh helped too with her toy drill) and with the money my dad gave us for Christmas, we were able to buy a new dryer that dries the clothes in half the time as the old one, giving me the gift of time (thanks, Dad!). It's also much less energy carrying clothes up and down one story now, rather than down to the basement and back (so thanks also Rob and Jon!)

Daddy's Lil Helper

So the family news I titled this blog after isn't just what we've been up to, but is actually pretty serious. My brother came over on Tuesday and told me that he and his wife have decided to get a divorce, and I can't stop thinking about what that means for us and them. For one, I'm really going to miss his wife as she is a wonderful person and has always been great with our kids. Thankfully, they don't have any kids themselves, but I will miss her and the fact that family gatherings will never be the same again. I'm really sad about the situation and don't think the kids or I will even get to say good-bye to her. They have their reasons that I won't elaborate on here, but I'm praying and hoping they can work things out and salvage what's left of their marriage.

4 comments:

The Donegans said...

So sorry Janice that your family has to go through this. Divorce is never easy, but God will pull everyone through it. We will be praying!

Ethan is getting soo big! Him and Ashleigh are adorable. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon:)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Hi from another Aurora mom. I really enjoyed your photos !

Unknown said...

I'm praying, too. Hopefully, this will bring them to the Lord or help them grow closer to Him. At least that's what I'm praying. Wish we could be there so we could spend more time with you all! The local air port now has a new airline with two daily flights to Denver ($107 one way). But life is so busy here!

Thanks for letting us share in your family's life thru this blog!

We all love you all!

Aunt MJ

Unknown said...

Mary Jo, that's been our prayer too. It took a low, dark time in my own life to find the Lord and realize he was always there with me.

Ashleigh and I did get to say good-bye to Carissa and see her while we were moving Steven back home and it was great seeing her again. We'll miss her, for sure, as I'm sure you also will!