Friday, February 29, 2008

Home & Garden Show

We went to the Colorado Home and Garden Show last weekend in Denver. We decided to take the light-rail train into downtown since we didn't want to deal with Friday afternoon rush-hour. Ashleigh loved the train! She was so excited, even though everyone was tired on the way home and Rob was longing for our car. Makes you appreciate having your own car and the choice of whether to take public transportation or driving to get there.

We've also been battling colds and Ethan had a flu bug last week with a fever and throwing up, so I'm happy to say we're all well again this week. It's so hard when the little ones are sick! Ashleigh gets more whiny and Ethan was just obviously unhappy, so last week was one of the hardest I've had in a while. Luckily, I dodged both the cold and the flu bugs and Rob had some congestion, but was otherwise healthy. Because of illnesses around our house, the home and garden show was the first time Ethan, Ashleigh, and I left the house in four days. It was such a welcome outing - smelling all those fresh flowers and strolling the gardens in the middle of February!


Ethan and Janice on the light-rail train
(first train ride for Ethan and Ashleigh!)

Curious Bear outside of the Convention Center (Ashleigh loved this!)

Ethan touching the tulips

Garden at the Colorado Home & Garden Show

Ethan and Ashleigh playing in the tent
(happy kids before flu strikes)

Unhappy sick Ethan
"Can't you make this go away, Mommy?"

Every month, on the 20th, we do gray blanket pictures to document Ethan's growth every month. I took the above picture two days late and he was still feeling bad (on the 20th, he was throwing up and had a fever, so I wasn't even thinking about taking pictures then). I think when he's one year old, I'll post them all together as it's fun to look at the small changes that take place and I didn't do this with Ashleigh. Amy had a collage of 12 pictures all on one page of a baby growing and I thought it was a great idea. Now, if I can just remember to do it for the next four months!

No comments: