Monday, September 22, 2008

Picking Berries

Last week, some moms and I got together at Berry Patch Farm in Brighton to pick strawberries and raspberries. The kids had a great time! They had some farm animals there (ducks, chickens, and a little pot-bellied pig who stole one of the kids' lunches!) We got to ride a little tractor pulled wagon out to the fields, which all the kids loved, except for Ethan in the backpack who was getting pretty scared. I wasn't doing much bending down and picking as I had Ethan on my back, but I would find them and Ashleigh would pick them and we had a good system going at that point. Being 5 months pregnant, I was quite tired at the end of the day and noticed I was a bit sore from all the walking with the backpack and the few squats I did attempt. The kids and I were able to make a berry cobbler from the raspberries we had picked and topped it with vanilla ice cream for a scrumptious dessert.

We've also been doing some swimming (indoor, of course), meeting with my MOPS group, going to the park and enjoying the warm weather we've been having. I know today is the official first day of fall, but with these 80+ degree days, it feels like fall is a long way off still! There's much to do still before our new little guy arrives, but for now, we've been out playing and enjoying the beautiful weather. I can't believe my due date is just four months away!


Kenzie, Ashleigh, and Noah petting the pig

Loaded up for our ride out to the strawberry fields

Hanna, Ashleigh, and Kenzie riding in the wagon

Christie, Felicity, me, and Ethan in the backpack

The girls picking (and eating) strawberries

2 comments:

amy luella said...

i loved that day out. the raspberries didn't last us more than two days! i kepted laughing to myself the following day thinking about bacon eating the pb&j (however, poor susanne, being right in the mist of it all) and noah whining because something kept hitting his head (amanda's cell phone). i am so glad we made the trip!

Anonymous said...

Whoa...where on earth did you find ripe strawberries and raspberries at this time of year? Our strawberry and raspberry season ended in June!! Kudos to you for going with your *three little ones!