Monday, September 15, 2008

Six wonderful years!

Rob and I just celebrated our six-year wedding anniversary this past weekend while Debbie and Terry took the kids for the night. I can't believe how quickly the time passes and just how different life is for us now than it was six years ago. We were reflecting on the past year during dinner together Saturday and God's tremendous faithfulness to us when we trust Him. A few years ago, I was terrified of staying home with Ashleigh and to live on one income, thinking about the sacrifices we'd have to make and lifestyle changes that would mean. Well, God has grown me to where I don't even miss most of those things (although an occasional week-long vacation to a warm beach would be nice, I guess we can settle for camping if that means me being able to stay home the rest of the year!) We truly are happy together and are blessed with two healthy, happy kids and another that will be here in just a few short months. We had a very happy anniversary close to home with dinner at Ted's Montana Grill and walking around our outdoor mall and finishing off a beautiful night watching the sunset while eating ice cream from Cold Stone.

Speaking of our wedding anniversary, on Monday night, a week ago, Ashleigh, Ethan, and I made the drive up to LaPorte, CO to go to my friend, Sara's wedding. It's just NW of Ft. Collins, but still a little under a two-hour drive. Rob has been working long days and getting home late, so he just came home and rested, rather than working a half day to make it to the wedding on time. What a great time with old friends from Action, a young-adult ministry group some friends and I started eight years ago in my living room Golden (and I'm glad to hear it's still going!). It morphed from a Bible study of new believers meeting on Friday nights instead of going to the bars (my old lifestyle), to the marriage hook-up group. I think we counted six couples over the years who met there and were later married. Rob and I met our freshman year of college at Mines, so we weren't one of the six, but he did drive up from the Springs every weekend while we were dating to come to Action. Fun memories and it was great seeing everyone again!

Friends Rachel and Brent

Friends from Action Ryan and Carrie (one of the six)

Dancing with Ashleigh and Ethan

Ashleigh and Rachel and Clint's son, Lucas (2 1/2 yrs) playing behind the curtains

My friend, Sara (what a gorgeous dress!!!)

The brick placement ceremony with Sara and Chris' names and wedding date

Took this one the next morning while doing laundry
(a little sleepy from the late night!)

2 comments:

The Donegans said...

Happy Anniversary Gossmans! So glad you guys had a great night:) God is truly amazing and blesses us when we trust in Him! It is so awesome to see what He has done in your lives. Thanks for sharing!

amy luella said...

congrats, rob & janice! and i loved reading how touched so many by starting your golden study group. it does some like great memories that are continuing!