Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday at Rob's parents house and while I missed getting together with my family also, crazy as that is when we have two big dinners in one day, I don't think my brother-in-law and sister weren't too upset, as they were on their way to Hawaii for a vacation, with my brother meeting them there on Saturday. My mom was able to go with us to my in-laws as well and my dad wasn't feeling up to a large family get-together this year, so it worked out. Ashleigh helped me make a wonderful pumpkin cheesecake with caramel swirl to bring over that was a big hit and also our traditional pistachio salad. I love the wonderful foods that come with the holiday season. Can't wait to make my fudge nut bars next week! Joining us at Rob's parents' house were his grandma Ethel and his Aunt Penny, Uncle Rick, and cousins, Scott and Katie. So fun to see Katie, who's 9, playing great all day with Ashleigh and Ethan!




After not decorating last Christmas and realizing even though decorating is a lot of effort, it's well worth it, we got out all of our decorations this morning and were glad we did. Rob and I had a tradition of cutting our own Christmas tree in the mountains on the day after Thanksgiving for the first three years we were married, but with two little kids and me over 7 months pregnant, that's just not a feasible trip this year. So it was Ethan's first Christmas of decorating and he really got into hanging the ornaments and calling the glass balls 'Bubbles'. He has broken one of them already, but thankfully wasn't hurt.



1 comment:

amy luella said...

your cheesecake sounds delicious!