Sunday, December 07, 2008

What a Week!

Ethan and Ashleigh making a snowman on the deck

Putting on the finishing touches (mini-marshmallows!)

A little sibling rivalry in the snow

I can't believe it has only been a week since my last post. So much has happened and this time of year is crazy busy anyway. I'll start with the bad news. Someone tried to steal our truck while we were at breakfast a week ago, but luckily was unable to start it, probably because our keys have chips in them that the ignition has to detect before it starts. When we came out, the lock in the door had been busted out and the ignition was a mess so we couldn't even start it with the key and had to get the truck towed to the Ford dealership and a ride home. Good news is we have a low deductible and rental car coverage, so at least we aren't left with just one car for all this time! We think we'll get it back on Tuesday, fingers crossed! Also, the rental car place didn't have the car we had reserved and gave us a 2009 Chevy Silverado truck in the meantime for the car rate, so that's the silver lining in this lovely saga.

Not bad for a rental! (but I still miss our truck)

We've been Christmas shopping and working on Christmas cards this weekend. Ashleigh and I went to a Nutcracker performance on Friday with my friend Traci, her daughter Mackenzie, and new friends of ours, the Johnsons. It was pretty magical seeing the Nutcracker through Ashleigh's eyes and seeing how excited she was. It was her first time going to the Nutcracker and her first live performance of any kind.

Kenzie and Ashleigh before the show at our house

Ashleigh and I at the Aurora Dance Arts production of the Nutcracker

The kids and I have also been baking like crazy for a cookie exchange I have coming up on Thursday. When I signed up, I didn't realize the requirement would be 9 dozen cookies, or I probably would have said no. My friends think I'm crazy, being 8 mo pregnant and to inflict additional work on myself during this time of year, but I think it'll be really fun and nice to have a variety of cookies to share with friends, family, and neighbors. Here are some pictures from the kids and I baking fudge nut bars a few days ago. We're up to 70 bars - more than half-way there!

Ashleigh adding flour to the mixer

How does that flour taste, Ethan?

3 comments:

amy luella said...

look at these girls grow! ashleigh looks so big in the second to last picture. see you soon (if the weather cooperates=))!

Jay said...

That "sibling rivalry" picture is a classic! You've got to keep that one around when they're older.

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY!!! I love the look on Ethan's face both with the snow on him and the flor-eating picture. Too cute!