Friday, January 02, 2009

Christmas and New Year's Celebrations

The family on Christmas Eve

Four generations on Christmas Eve
Daddy, Ethan, Grandma Debbie, Great-grandma Jolene, and Ashleigh

Open Zeba! Ethan with his new Noah's Ark

Rob reading Brown Bear to Ethan

Daddy, Grandma Debbie, Grandpa Terry, and Great-Grandma Ethel on Christmas day

Me, Grandpa John, and Uncle Steven on Christmas morning

Brunch at our house on Christmas morning

Ashleigh and Uncle Steve playing Marbulous

Grandma Carole coloring with Ethan

Happy New Year! It's now 2009 and we're looking forward to the birth of our little one in just a few weeks. I've been feeling well with just some minor back soreness and heartburn at night, but this pregnancy has been the easiest of the three by far!

For Christmas, we went to Christmas Eve Services at our home church, Calvary Chapel Aurora and in addition to the worship band, they had an orchestra, adult choir, and kids choir on stage. I was thinking next year Ashleigh will be old enough to sing in the kids choir. We had a quiet evening at home after church watching Nativity Story with Ashleigh, then on Christmas morning, we had my family over for brunch and went to Rob's parents' house for Christmas dinner. A nice Christmas, especially with the Wii and Wii Fit for ourselves. We've had a lot of fun playing with friends and family already!


Our friends, Meg and Steve playing the Wii

New Year's Eve, we were home with the kids and I was resting, watching movies with my feet up and playing Uno with Ashleigh while we watched the East Coast bring in the new year. To be honest, I didn't even make it until midnight with a playdate in the morning, a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, and no nap that day. I did go until 11 pm, but the endless Uno game went a little later than I wanted to stay up, so Ashleigh and I went to bed at the same time!

I'm now packed for the hospital, the Christmas decorations are down, and the computer is set-up downstairs, making room for the crib in the office. Now we just need a baby! I really wouldn't mind if this one came early as my other two were late. Just a short time now to wait...

1 comment:

amy luella said...

so nice to hear that this has been the easiest pregnancy. look forward to seeing you monday!